Yogi Thursdays are exclusively dedicated to MUDRAS. Last Thursday, we started with Gyan Mudra, that was touching thumb tip with index finger tip. Now it is turn of the next finger that is middle finger. When thumb tip touches tip of middle finger it’s Aakash Mudra.
Dear all, Mudras are a silent language of self expression. It is estimated that 399 different Mudras are accessible, 36 being the most practiced ones. We will address them all one by one. Slowly we will move to therapeutic mudras, problem solving mudras and emotional healing mudras.
So let us do Aakash Mudra today.
This mudra is also called Aakash-vardhak Mudra. It increases space in the body and helps elimination of metabolic waste.
Formed by joining together the tips of the thumb and the middle finger.
1. It relieves congestion and pain in the head due to migraine or sinusitis, ears due to infection, chest congestion, infection, asthama etc.
2. It strengthens bones, as the calcium content within the body increases.
3. It helps to detoxify the body by the elimanation of metabolic wasted through exhaled air, sweat, urine and stools.
4. It overcome discomfort caused by overeating.
5. It removes tooth problems and makes the teeth strong.
6. It helps to balance the body while walking, climbing up or down.
7. It relieves pain in angina pectoris, regularises heart beats and high blood pressure.
8. It replaces negative emotions like fear, sorrow, anger into positive emotions and thoughts.
9. It helps to overcome feelings of fullness, heaviness in the body.
10. It prevents jet lag. Perform it during the flight.
Daily practice of 30 minutes is enough to get good results, but you can start by practicing for 10 minutes.
If you are a Vata dosha person, you have to perform it moderately only.
–Practice mudras with both hands.
–Don’t practice while walking or eating.
What are you waiting for, enter the miraculous World of Mudras.
Till then keep practicing.