After Gyan mudra, Aaksh mudra, Prithvi mudra, it’s time for Varun mudra this Thursday.
Varun mudra keeps the water balance in the body. It is also known as Jal – Vardhak mudra.
Varun mudra is very useful to treat the disorders related to the tongue, taste, senses and dryness of the mouth.
Our body is 70% water, any slight decrease in the percentage of water would result in dehydration. Varun mudra affects the water metabolism.
Join the tip of the small finger with the tip of the thumb.
1. This mudra helps in removing dryness from the body and add tenderness, glow and beauty to the skin.
2. Used to overcome dryness of the eyes.
3. To overcome anemia and cramps.
4. To overcome degeneration of joint cartilage.
5. To overcome deficiency of hormones.
6. To overcome dryness of the skin leading to cracks, dry eczema and psoriasis.
7. To overcome osteoporosis.
8. This mudra preserves youthfulness.
9. It is beneficial in removing impurities present in the blood.
10. Unconsciousness due to sunstroke, accidents or overcrowdedness can be cured by rubbing the tips of the thumbs and the tips of little finger.
15 minutes twice a day is enough to get the benefits. This mudra can be done anytime or in any place.
If you are a pitta or Kapha Prakriti person, then practice this mudra only in moderation.
Mudra is a beautiful style of self development. Many doctors and researchers have approved mudras and they have faith in this technique.
Mudras seem to be simple, but then so are all the basic things in life. Aren’t they?
Keep practicing and let me know how it is helping you.