This Yogi Thursday, let us gear up to do one therapeutic mudra and that is the Shunya Mudra.
Many of you have asked that why do I insist to do Mudra so much.
So let me tell you, when we perform a Mudra, the energy that is being emitted out of our fingertips is arrested and redirected to certain part of the brain centres from where the proper breathing directs it to parts of the body as per the Mudra. This is the scientific basis of Mudra. It is very useful and you will know when you practice it regularly.
Shunya Mudra is also known as heaven Mudra. This Mudra is specially good for ear problems. It helps resolve problems associated with an excess of the Akash element. It is practiced with the middle finger and middle finger represents the sky. So it is said that this is gateway to higher dimension or you can say gateway to heaven.
The tip of the middle finger is to be placed at the base of the thumb and the thumb is to be placed on the back of the middle finger gently.
1. Problems like pus in ears, pain, tinnitus(drumming of ears) will be certainly remedied.
2. Audio weakness is remedied.
3. Deafness and dumbness is cured if it is not from birth.
4. Sleeplessness is cured.
5. Numbness in the head, body parts, chest, abdomen can be cured.
6. Vertigo problem, vomiting and thyroid problems can be solved.
7. Reduces dullness.
8. Relives travel sickness during flight take off and landing or while driving through hilly curves.
Can be performed in three sessions of 15 minutes each.
When and where:
This Mudra can be practiced at any time and at any place. It is more beneficial to do Shunya Mudra in meditative posture in Sukh Asana or Tada Asana.
Shunya Mudra is also a definite practice for spiritual awakening … it should be followed religiously to get rid of all the obstacles on the spiritual path.
There is no medication in Mudras. Therefore there is no reaction of chemicals. So practice and feel the benefits of Shunya Mudra and share your experiences with us…