In Yogi Thursday we had already discussed, Apana Mudra, Vayu Mudra and now it is time to discuss a very useful Mudra —Apana Vayu Mudra.
This Mudra can save a person from Heart Attack and hence this Mudra is called the Sanjeevani Mudra, one that gives life to a dying person.
This Mudra is as powerful as ‘sorbitate tablet’ for heart patient.
According to Ayurveda, any imbalance in the three ‘doshas’– Vata, Pitta and kapha, causes diseases. Apana Vayu Mudra restores balance in these three ‘ doshas’. It stimulates and strengthens the blood circulatory system– digestive system, respiratory system, excretory system and the nervous system.
This is a combination of two Mudras – Vayu and Apan. Join tip of thumb with tip of middle finger and ring finger. Place the tip of index finger at the base of the thumb. Let the little finger stretch out.
1. When there are symptoms of heart attack, this Mudra will help the person to recover from pain instantly.
2. It removes blocks in the blood veins, and thickening of arteries are cured.
3. It helps in both high and low Blood pressure.
4. Chest pain, tiredness and perspiration will be reduced immediately.
5. It regularises irregular heart beats.
6. It cures constipation.
7. In case of palpitations, this Mudra can normalize the pulse rate immediately.
8. Too much perspiration in the feet and hands are pacified.
9. It is beneficial in curing acidity.
10. The functional capacity of various organs of the digestive system increases.
11. It helps in Arthritis, Spondylitis, Parkinson and Paralysis.
12. It removes all negative emotions from the mind and all negative pressure of the body.
13. Pain in the chest region is pacified by this Mudra.
14. Gets relief from migraine.
15. Headache due to lack of sleep, mental worries, over exertion and problems of blood circulation are relieved.
16. Perform this Mudra while climbing staircases and hills.
15 minutes thrice a day.
Heart disease is a very critical health condition and care should be taken in terms of lifestyle, food and exercise. It is important to take medicines on time, but side by side doing Apana Vayu Mudra sets the things right in terms of five elements.
And yes, when you laugh, the lining of your blood vessel walls relaxes and expands, so have a good giggle. Your heart will thank you !!
If you have any query or feedback, do write in the comments.