Today on Yogi Thursday, let us talk about an Emotional Healing Mudra, Mushti Mudra.
According to ancient sources, this Mudra originated from Lord Vishnu, who used this hand gesture while he was fighting with Madhu.
Mushti Mudra is the tight fist which is the symbol of force, also known as fist Mudra.
It is used for releasing pent up emotions, suppressed anger, frustration, constant irritation and negative emotions.
Each inhalation brings positive energy balancing the fire, each exhalation takes with it the deep seated tensions and suppressed frustration.
Form the fist with both hands and place the thumbs on the back of the ring fingers.
1. Releases body tensions and accumulated emotions.
2. Free our mind from unwanted thoughts and worries.
3. It activates liver and stomach. It aids digestion and cures constipation.
4. It benefits when feeling depressed and discouraged.
5. It lowers blood pressure.
6. It reliefs from physical discomforts like shivering, phlegm in the wind pipe or feeling of lethargy and inertia.
7. Form a fist as soon as you finish your meal, 10 minutes on and the food is digested.
15 minutes thrice a day or whenever you need.
When a dancer completes learning all the Mushti gesture usages he/she recites:
Mushti Hasta Ya Mishyate.
Mushti Mudra is the combination of Vayu Mudra, Shoonya Mudra, Soorya Mudra and Jalodar Nadak Mudra which decreases all the four elements there by solving the problems of the excessive of the four elements namely Vayu, Akash, Prithvi and Jal. The Agni affecting Soorya Mudra generates heat and energy in the body.
In us, there is a blind fury and righteous anger — but there are worlds between them. The basic evil is fear. Let us look for the cause of aggression and develop a strategy as to how it triggers and how it can be eliminated…and ofcourse Mushti Mudra is one of the best solution for it.
Try and share your experience. Comment and let us know how you feel…