We have come a long way with this Mudra journey, still lots to share. Today on Yogi Thursday as we all are celebrating Rakhi, coming up with a set of raksha kavach , specially for Asthma patients.
These Mudras helps in dilatation of the bronchial tubes thereby naturally combating an attack of asthma. During an acute attack of asthma, before nebulization, with deriphyline and dexamethasone, one can perform this Mudra’s.
Let us start with Bronchial Mudra…..
1. BRONCHIAL MUDRA
Place little finger at base of thumb, ring finger on the upper thumb joint, middle finger on the tip of thumb.
Index finger should be extended.
10 minutes 5 times a day.
Press finger nails of middle finger.
Other fingers will remain extended.
5 minutes 5 times a day.
1. Very useful in acute attacks of bronchial asthma.
2. They relaxes and soothes the muscles around the respiratory track.
3. They opens the bronchial tubes and hence relieves the congestion.
4. They relieves from negative feelings and moods.
5. They regulates oxygen intake.
6. They are also a long term treatment for avoiding the recurrence of acute attacks of asthma.
A MUST DO LIST:
1. Asthma patients should do pranayam on a daily basis.
2. Stress should be avoided.
3. Smoking should be banned.
4. During cold weather, should never breathe through mouth because the bronchial tubes becomes inflamed and congested.
And say this prayer while performing the Mudras……
“I am already healed, my lungs are healthy, my lungs are oxygenating my body. I am blessed.”
Mudra’s are like literal remote control switches bringing quick and effective changes, so use these switches and let me know how you are healing yourself…….